Creative Action After School engages students in fun, hands-on creative learning in film making, music, puppetry, digital media, visual art, dance/movement, creative writing, and acting. Creativity classes are led by our expert Teaching Artists, all while expanding the development of social and emotional skills needed to become Creative Artists, Courageous Allies, Critical Thinkers, and Confident Leaders.
After School runs every day of the AISD calendar from the end of the school day until 6 p.m.
Financial aid is available.
For more information and to register, visit www.creativeaction.org/programs/after-school/
For Elementary School Children (Ages 4-12)
Our programs are designed to accommodate the needs of working parents by being both affordable and high in quality. We offer a variety of outdoor and indoor activities including time for reading and homework, supervised sports, field trips, creative arts, table games, math and science projects, music, dramatic play, cooking, and health and safety. Here is some more information regarding our program:
- After-school care starts immediately after school dismissal, and finishes at 6:30 p.m. (Select schools end at 6:00 p.m.; see list on website)
- Imagination Camp is provided for pre-K children release at 2:12 p.m. – 2:57 p.m. (Selected schools; see list on website). Only $35 a month!
- Staff are trained to work with elementary school students and are certified in first aid and CPR
- We provide a low student-to-staff ratio of up to 17:1
- We provide one healthy snack for after-school care, and mid-morning and afternoon snack for full-day care
What Sets Us Apart
Our quality sets us apart from other programs. EAC infuses all curriculum activities with Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) concepts and objectives. Our curriculum is based on weekly themes. These themes might be changing seasons, holidays, turning points in history, higher education, learning about self-esteem, etc. Our weekly themes tie into daily themes, which are as follows:
- Math and Science Mondays: Monday curriculum encourages children to develop a passion for mathematics and science, and to pursue studying the aforementioned subjects in college.
- Make It Take It Tuesdays: Tuesday’s curriculum will focus on theme-related individual craft and art activities, as well as occasional cooking projects that students will complete to enjoy at home.
- Crafty Art Wednesdays: This curriculum encourages children to use their “right brains” for creative and fun arts & crafts activities.
- Groovy Games Thursdays: Activities on this day help build camaraderie and kinship among peers, and teach children the importance of working as a team.
- Sports/Born to Run Fridays: Curriculum produced by RunTex Foundation, this program provides our children with endurance training for a one mile run. In addition, to many opportunities for organized play.
Extend-A-Care Contact: 512-236-9622 EACY@austinymca.org
Extend-A-Care Registration and Website: https://www.austinymca.org/programs/afterschool-care
Extend-A-Care Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ExtendACareATX/