Our Health Room is staffed by Michelle McPherson, RN. She can be reached at 512-414-7592 and email@example.com.
The more information you can share with our health room nurse on your student's specific needs the better. Please note some forms will require a doctor's signature.
- Food Allergy - Allergy Packet
- Needing medication at school - Medication Authorization Form
- Asthma/Inhaler - Asthma Packet
- Diabetes - Diabetes Packet
- Seizures - Health Room Seizure Packet
- Allergy requiring an Epi-pen - Allergy Packet
- Over the counter medication can be kept in the health room for two weeks with written permission from parents (fill out and turn in the Medication Authorization Form). If the student will need it longer, a doctor's note is required. In addition, health room staff can only give medications as written on the box, so please make sure the medication is for your child's age group.
- Lice protocol - please inform the nurse if your child has lice.
You must provide the main office (not your child's teacher) with a written note or email the registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) for absences/illnesses. We cannot accept phone calls. All forms/notes must be submitted within 48 hours of the students return to school. Please see the AISD Compulsory Attendance & 90% Rule and the AISD Student Handbook for more information. Also, the AISD Health Services web page offers district wide student health information and contacts.